United Way of Hays & Caldwell Counties, together with our community partners, fights for the health, education and finanial stability of every person in every community that we serve.
United Way advances the common good by investing in and developing programs that address critical needs in education, income/financial stability and health in Hays and Caldwell Counties. These are the building blocks of a good life: a quality education, enough income to support a family through retirement, and good health. By bringing together people and resources to address these issues, and by attacking their underlying causes, we hope to make lasting, fundamental change-for everyone.
UWHCC Impact Goals
United Way of Hays & Caldwell Counties Impact Goals articulate what UWHCC intends to achieve when investing community dollars.
- Helping children and youth achieve their potential through education.
- Increase percentage of children who enter school (kindergarten) ready to learn.
- Increase percentage of children reading on grade level by 3rd grade
- Increase percentage of young people graduating from high school on time.
- Helping families become financially stable and independent.
- Increase income and assets, as well as job training for improved employability.
- Help families meet transitional basic needs
Improving people’s health.
- Increase access to quality primary care (prenatal thru adult).
- Increase access to prevention programs
- Decrease the rate of obesity in Hays County, both in children and adults